BADEN GERMANY CATHOLIC CHURCH 1840'S

Replies: 28

Re: BADEN GERMANY CATHOLIC CHURCH 1840'S

Andreas (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2004 2:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Müller, Miller
Hello Simon,

I didn’t find them in the emigration index, but on regarding Andreas’ emigration year I had another idea. A lot of people who had something to do with the 1848/1849 revolution in Baden left, after the revolutionary movement failed, for America, most of them without permission.

From the CD-Rom “Raab- Revolutionäre in Baden 1848-49”:
Name: Müller, Andreas
Town: Ihringen, Baden
Amt: Breisach
Partizipation: May Revolution 1849
“Im August 1849 wegen Beteiligung an aufrührerischen Bewegungen verhaftet und als Kriegsgefangenen nach Freiburg gebracht (236 / 8541: 138; StAF B 694 / 1 Nr. 37: 105).“
This Andreas Müller of Ihringen, Baden was arrested in Aug 1849 because he was a member of the revolutionary movement. He was sent to Freiburg as a POW.

I didn’t find more about the other persons you mentioned, and so I checked the IGI records (batch No. C928095 = christenings from 1830-1854 Ihringen) for Müllers. This is what I found:

Wilhelm <Mueller>
Christening: 16 SEP 1838
Evangelisch, Ihringen, Freiburg, Baden
Death: 08 NOV 1839
Father: Jacob Mueller
Mother: Anna Duerrmeier (Dürrmeier)

Anna Catharina <Mueller> **********
Christening: 13 OCT 1840
Mother: Anna Durrmeier

Anna Maria <Mueller>
Christening: 12 FEB 1843
Mother: Anna Dirrmeier

Johann Jacob <Mueller> ************
Christening: 09 FEB 1845
Mother: Anna Dirrmaier

Anna Barbara <Mueller>
Christening: 02 JAN 1848
Mother: Anna Durrmeier

Anna Catharina and Johann Jacob were christened close after the dates you mentioned as birth dates for your Anna Catharina and Jacob Miller, and their father was a Jacob Müller. Andreas is not listed in this record, and there’s no other Andreas Müller listed in this IGI batch. I assume that they moved to Ihringen from another town or village (whose church book entries are not extracted at the moment), and that Andreas was born there before they came to Ihringen.

I would advice you to order the Ihringen microfilms at your nearest LDS Family History Center and check the records for that time frame. There’s also an online Ortssippenbook for Ihringen, but it covers the time frame from the beginning of the church records up to 1810, and will not give you any further leads.

First check if the records contain family pages. These family pages usually give a lot of information if people migrated from another location, and there are also notes about people who emigrated.

Not to forget: my paternal ancestors are from Gündlingen which is the next town to Ihringen, the distance is not more than 2 miles. My grandmother from Gündlingen was Agatha Müller Zipfel, and thru her I’m related most of the Müllers from Gündlingen (they were catholic). Please drop me a note if you find any connections to Gündlingen.

Happy holidays

Andreas Zipfel-Waag
Karlsruhe, Baden
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
T. Zeidler 20 Dec 2004 9:55PM GMT 
Fred Held 20 Dec 2004 11:20PM GMT 
Mark 21 Dec 2004 10:29PM GMT 
andreas 22 Dec 2004 8:16AM GMT 
T. Zeidler 22 Dec 2004 3:23PM GMT 
Andreas 22 Dec 2004 9:41PM GMT 
t.zeidler 23 Dec 2004 4:34AM GMT 
choppedforlif... 24 Jun 2011 4:50AM GMT 
OK4PAV 24 Sep 2011 3:08AM GMT 
wenir 24 Sep 2011 5:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions