Search for content in message boards

Ancestor from Bavaria?

Replies: 1

Ancestor from Bavaria?

Posted: 11 Jan 2008 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Finsterer,Finster,Finister,Fensterer
I'm new to this board. Hopefully, if I keep posting on various boards I'll find some clue to help me over my brickwall. My gg-grandfather F.A.(Fredrick Adam) Finsterer (Finster,Finister) was from Bavaria he ended up in Polk Co, Oldfort, TN,USA. He settled in this area in 1850. I know this from census records and what little the family knows that he was from Bavaria. I believe his date of birth to be 16,March 1815 and he died 27, May, 1886 (in TN). Family stories has him practicing medicine in his home country. He never practiced in America. Recently heard a family story that said he may have encountered difficulties with the authorities regarding his medical practice is why he left for America. I have no information prior to 1850 that can be verified as being him. No clues of any kind of parents or siblings however it is said that he would receive letters that were written in German (some were received aft his death no one could read them).I hope that this name has come up in someones research I'm at a loss of what direction to take. I will be most greatful for any assistance. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
relative4 11 Jan 2008 5:18PM GMT 
Calvin6000 9 Jan 2014 8:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic