Search for content in message boards

Looking For Christina/Christine

Replies: 7

Re: FICKEL/KOHLER/Dreisden Germany

Posted: 4 May 2013 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fickel
Hi Shannon,

I just saw your post regarding the Fickel Family. I am also the Great-Great Granddaughter of Bruno and Dora Fickel. My family branch is with Frank "Slim" Fickel. I know that he married a Della Mae Tyler. They divorced sometime later. During there union they had my grandfather, William Horace Fickel. The information that you have listed is about all of the information that I have been able to locate as well. Here is all the information that I have, please compare and share anything additional that you would have:

I have records that show that Dorthea Kohler was 28 when she had your grandmother on August 3, 1895. Dorthea Kohler was born on 1/31/1857. Joseph John Bruno Fickel was born on 12/1/1858. They married in 1884. As you noted, they had 6 kids: Dora Anna Marie Fickel in Saarbrucken Germany August 3, 1885; Bruno John Joseph Fickel in Saarbrucken Germany March 6, 1889; Otto Joseph Fickel (uknown); Frank Fickel May 9, 1893; Henry Joseph George Fickel in Bastrop County, TX October 6, 1895; George Ernest Fickel in Rockdale, Milam County, TX March 10, 1898. The Fickel family settled in Lueders Texas.

Joseph John Bruno was born during a turbulent time in Germany. His father was a soldier and killed in the conflict spurred on by Otto von Bismarck. The mother, unknown, remarried a man named Carl Miller (Mueller), who lived in the area o Saarbrucken, Rhineland, Prussia. Joseph John Bruno was reared in a faily influential family. He is said to have had higher learning (college education). Due to the trouble that started to brewing in Europe with France and Russia about the borders of Germany, he decided to move to USA so that his boys wouldn't have to grow up without a father. He had 4 children when he headed for America. The family entered the country through the port of Galveston. They first settled into a German community in Bastrop County, TX. The family also moved to Rockdale, Milam County, TX.

Sadly, this is all that I know of the Fickel family. I received most of this information From Karen ?. She is on this board.

Also, I did find that Joseph John Bruno had a full brother, Robert, that stayed in Germany. Also a half-sister, Fenna. She father was Carl Miller(Mueller).

Please share any additional information that you may have. I have gone through all the free sites that I can find. I don't want to have to purchase a membership to get my family history...but at this point I may not have a choice to get information on my Great Grandfather Frank.

I would love to hear from you
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vinniestef 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Karen Fickel Lafoe 14 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Karen Lafoe 30 Aug 2001 7:52PM GMT 
Karen Lafoe 30 Aug 2001 7:55PM GMT 
Shannon Dale Dudley 14 Oct 2001 4:30AM GMT 
Karen Lafoe 14 Oct 2001 11:40AM GMT 
Karen Lafoe 14 Oct 2001 11:47AM GMT 
DonnaFickelHi... 4 May 2013 5:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic