Search for content in message boards

Erika Hartman/Hartmann born 1930 Berlin

Replies: 5

Erika Hartman/Hartmann born 1930 Berlin

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 9:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hartman, Hartmann, Ray
Hey everyone!

I am trying to find out information about my grandmother's family. I would love to know if I have any living relatives over in Germany that I can visit with.

My grandmother was Erika Hartman/Hartmann, born in Berlin in 1930. I do not know her parent's names. She had 2 brothers, Peter & Herbert, as well as 2 sisters, Hilda & Barbara, all of whom are deceased.

My grandmother, while still living in Germany, met my grandfather, Richard Douglas Ray when he was in the military, stationed in Germany. As far as I know, they married in Germany (early 1950's) and had 2 children there, Rainer P.H. and Barbara M. before my grandmother came to the U.S. to live. She and the children sailed over from Port of Bremerhaven on Ship General Henry W. Buttner and arrived in New York on March 21, 1955.

After arriving in the U.S., they had more children, a total of 5 boys and 3 girls. From what I'm told, my grandfather left when the children were all still very young. My grandmother re-married at some point before passing away in New Jersey, U.S. in 1991.

If anyone could help me out with ANY information, I would truly appreciate it. I've never known any of my grandmother's family information and I would really like to.

Thanks again,
Stephanie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Stephanie Ray 26 Feb 2013 4:08PM GMT 
tealc240 28 Feb 2013 9:20AM GMT 
Stephanie Ray 28 Feb 2013 7:12PM GMT 
Stephanie Ray 28 Feb 2013 7:14PM GMT 
tealc240 28 Feb 2013 7:55PM GMT 
Stephanie Ray 28 Feb 2013 8:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic