Search for content in message boards

Reinheimer

Replies: 6

Reinheimer

Deb Rinehimer Kohl (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 1998 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rinehimer, Reinheimer, Schneider
I have a gggg grandfather by the name of Conrad REINHEIMER that came to the US we believe in the mid 1770 - 1771. He came with his parents and they died on the ship. Conrad was 18 months old. We don't know what ship, we don't know for sure that his name was REINHEIMER. He was raised in the US with the REINHEIMER name. He could have had a guardian that was REINHEIMER and he took their name, or been raised by REINHEIMER's that were already here. There is some talk that he was possibly lashed to the ship's mast and the rest were swept overboard. I know he was confirmed in the Lutheran and Reformed Church in 1785 at the age of 16 so that would mean he was born in the area of 1769. I've not had any luck as yet finding any guardianship papers on him to see if he was originally a REINHEIMER.

If this story sounds even remotely familiar, please let me know. I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

The SCHNEIDER line I am looking for begins for me with Georg Mathew Schneider. He was born on April 9, 1823 in Ostheim, Hesse-Darmstadt, Germany. The story goes that there were 7 brothers that came to the US. We don't know if they came all at once or at different times. The father's name was Mathew. The 7 brothers did not keep in touch once they arrived here in the US.
If any of this sounds like a story you have heard, PLEASE, notify me. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Deb Rinehimer Kohl 9 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT 
@@lisabrad@ea... 27 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Deb Rinehimer Kohl 27 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
cbrznwhrlwnd 5 Nov 2003 3:00AM GMT 
Deb Rinehimer Kohl 6 Nov 2003 8:51PM GMT 
Jason Rinehimer 27 Aug 2003 10:06PM GMT 
DeborahAHalst... 25 Mar 2013 11:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions