Search for content in message boards

LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Families

Replies: 12

Re: LEBKOWSKY/HEINE Family

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 10:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lebkowsky, Purczinsky, Guderian, Roberts
Vicki,

I believe we are related to one another. I am a descendant of Franz and Julia (Lebkowsky) Purczinsky. My great-grandmother (Emma) was the grandaughter of Franz and Julia. Her parents were Albertina Guderian and Adolf Purczinsky. Evidently she was named after Adolf's sister who was also named Emma. I just recently found out that the Guderian brother and sister married the Purczinsky brother and sister. Emma married Samuel Roberts and had three daughters. My grandmother was the oldest and named Grace. She married John Huntsinger Sr. and they lived in Lorena, Texas. How are you related to Julia Lebkowsky? I don't know very much about this side of my family. I do have a five generation picture of me with great- great grandfather Purczinsky, Emma, my grandmother Grace and my dad. I also know that my great grandmother and grandmother spoke German. My grandmother often spoke fondly of her grandparents and how wonderful they were to her. Emma would make homemade bread and it smelled sooo good! Emma and Samuel lived on a farm in Levi, Texas. Samuels name, we believe, was changed from Roberson or Robertson to Roberts. Emma told my father, when she was very ill, that Samuels family were outlaws and had to change their name. She didn't want us to think our family name was really Roberts when it was Roberson. I am still trying to find out more about why they changed the name. If you have any family pictures that could be scanned and e-mailed I would love to see them. I believe my father has some of the old picutres from this side of the family. Donna Nowak
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Vicki Watts 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
sojourner2000 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
nowakdj 26 Mar 2003 5:24AM GMT 
Darrel Monroe 22 Apr 2003 4:44PM GMT 
kwalters3603 1 Nov 2003 7:49AM GMT 
Darrel Monroe 3 Nov 2003 3:33PM GMT 
Kevin Walters 4 Nov 2003 3:42AM GMT 
Kevin Walters 1 Nov 2003 8:10AM GMT 
nowakdj 26 Mar 2003 6:24AM GMT 
kwalters3603 1 Nov 2003 7:57AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions