Search for content in message boards

King's Guard Helfenstein

Replies: 5

Re: King's Guard Helfenstein

Posted: 8 Jun 2013 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Sandy:
My Godmother was a Helff which is from the same family as Baron Von Helfenstein. It appears that our ancestors kept choosing the wrong side in politics which accounts for the demise of the "Baron" title and later the "Von" then even removing the Stein ending. My great Aunt and godmother was named Paula Helff, she escaped Nazi Germany when she was imprisoned for not sauting Hitler during a parade. The family used bribery and cunningness to escape to America. Apparently the Schwartz (Schwarz) family were 1st cousins to the Helff family and my great grandfather married his first cousin, which caused a riff in the family. The Helff side of the family were aristocrats, while the Schwartz side of the family were businessmen. The Schwartz family had a broom factory in NY which burned to the ground in the 1800's. If you have any more questions, write an e-mail to my mother who is 81 at ncpjrm@gmail.com I am sure she can tell you a lot more on this subject since she has worked on the geneology of the family.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
munch63 28 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
rita 6 Jun 2004 11:13PM GMT 
@@BKWORM26@ao... 7 Jun 2004 12:13AM GMT 
therealkittyx 8 Jun 2013 11:40PM GMT 
ddcandee 17 Jun 2013 8:26AM GMT 
ddcandee 17 Jun 2013 8:26AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions