Researching: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush

Replies: 5

Re: Researching: Lendt, Vosburgh, Bush

Posted: 19 Feb 2002 10:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 4:05PM GMT
Surnames: Lendt Vosburgh
Hi Darci.

I just saw your posting regarding the Vosburgh's/Lendt's this morning. Looks like we are cousins several times removed.

Florence Lendt was my gread-grandmother. Her parents were Ernest O.Lendt and Edith Vosburgh.

Florence married David Arthur Thompson in June, 1910 and they had four boys - Ralph, Howard, Harold and Thomas. Ralph is my grandfather,who died in 1981. Howard and Thomas are still living and in their early 90's.

Sometime between 1916 and 1923, Florence and David divorced. She remarried a man named Thomas Foley who subsequently adopted all four boys. I guess he was quite a guy so all of the boys kept the Foley name until his death - and then went back to the Thompson surname.

I have copies of some articles (they're not high quality copies) that may be of interest to you. They include Edith and Ernest Lendt's obituaries from the newspaper, Richard Vosburgh's obituary, and Ernest O. Lendt's court papers requesting citizenship. I do have some additional notes regarding Richard Vosburgh, which may or may not be of interest to you.

Do you know of any sites that might have additional info?

Terry Thompson
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
darcilee 22 Aug 2001 3:27PM GMT 
terrylynnthom... 19 Feb 2002 5:40PM GMT 
rcrqh 2 Jan 2013 6:55PM GMT 
scotsirishter... 2 Jan 2013 7:18PM GMT 
rcrqh 2 Jan 2013 8:31PM GMT 
rcrqh 12 Jan 2013 2:21AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic