Search for content in message boards

Carl Zimmerman/Berlin to NY to NE/1860's

Replies: 22

Re: William Zimmerman - 1900 Census, Lancaster Co., Nebraska

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 1:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zimmerman/Christroph/Spellman
Echo,
Hi, my name is Anita. The William and Carl Zimmerman that you found are my ancestors. William is my greatgrandfather and Carl is my gggrandfather.

William was 2 yrs old when he came to this country with his parents, he was born in 1859 in Germany. They lived in Stephenson County, Illinois until about 1878 and then came to Lancaster county Nebraska and settled near Centerville. They, along with many of the rest of the family, are buried in the Centerville Cemetery. Is this the cemetery you found.

William, my greatgrandfather died about 1940 or 1941. He died at the graveside of his son-in-law, Roy Spellman, my grandfather. The service had ended and everyone had left except William and another man who stayed to fill in the grave. William collapsed and died while doing that.

William Zimmerman had three children, Edgar, born about 1897, Bertha, born about 1898 and Anita, my grandmother, born May of 1900.

William's father, Carl Zimmerman was born 1829 in Brandenburg Germany. I have finally found a little more information on this family. Carl's first wife was Charlotte Christoph. They were married in Germany and came to this country with their son, William, in June 1862. Charlotte died soon after coming to this country. Carl had sons, William, Henry, George and John. There is another Carl Zimmerman in this family, he is the son of Henry Zimmerman (I think I have that right).

If any of this seems like your family I would be glad to share any other info I have.

Anita
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
auntnital51 17 Nov 2013 8:20AM GMT 
auntnital51 17 Nov 2013 8:18AM GMT 
Echo Schaffer 30 Nov 2013 1:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions