ANCESTRY

Replies: 34

Re: Troester Family Research

Paul Troester (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2003 1:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Troester, Stuchlik
Barbara,
Sorry, that I haven't responded sooner, But thank you for your response. I'll be honest with you I had almost given up on any one responding.
My paternal grandfater is the glitch in the works. He was a real Black Sheep in our family. The only data that I'm able to get on him is some records from the Ellis Island data base. But they never really show that he stayed in America. There were several entries, showing that he was ships crew on several ships that had been involved in transfering people between europe and the US. It is my understanding, from a deceased daughter of his, that they arrived in approximately 1905, but I haven't been able to get any information confirming that date. I do know that he abandoned his family in New York City, after a failed attempt to start a restaurant. He went back to Vienna, and then again through my aunt, a number of years later he was diagnosed with cancer, and passed away in Vienna. His name was Rudolf Joseph Troester, though the original spelling was Tro (with umlaut) ster.
Where he came from, originally I don't know. He and my grandmother were supposed to have been married in Vienna.
It was near impossible to get my relatives to talk about him. Because of the abandonment. I didn't even know his name until several years ago. When I figured it out with the nameing information that I got from a listing that I belong to. I have no piece of paper that says that his name was Rudolf Joseph Troester. But he had two sons; My Uncle Larry, and my father Joseph.
So if youj have a his name in your records, we may be connected. Also he was a Head Waiter/Maitre de' , I was told that was a pretty good profession back in the old days.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Richard Troester 5 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
PTroester944 31 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
basbleu23 21 Jul 2003 4:54PM GMT 
Paul Troester 2 Aug 2003 7:08AM GMT 
MMoedl 2 Nov 2001 9:37PM GMT 
MMoedl 2 Nov 2001 10:48PM GMT 
Connie Dean 13 Feb 2002 5:58PM GMT 
MMoedl 13 Feb 2002 6:25PM GMT 
andreashousto... 5 Jan 2003 5:58PM GMT 
andreashousto... 4 Jan 2003 10:40AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions