Search for content in message boards

German Village or Not?

Replies: 9

Re: German Village or Not?

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 6:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jan 2013 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Wintgens, Hahn
Thanks again for all your help Bob, I have been at a dead end with the Wintgens family for a while now.

I did have the birth records translated on Family Search before they did away with the forums section I was just hoping you had found the info someplace else so I had somewhere else to look into!!

I actually just found the passenger list with Lambert (Lamberd) traveling with Gertrud W(e)iland today! That arrival date is close to the date he had given them for his naturalization. I didn't know that he had said Peter W(e)iland was his brother in law so that helps. I had started trying to trace them down by census locations since I cannot seem to locate Lambert after 1900. (1900 census he is living with a Hahn family in Hemlock Villiage in Perry county Ohio)

I will be viewing the family info you gave me shortly.

I do not know what the kids were raised as. I had viewed some of the church records located on Family Search, but admit I did not view every one because I never found Duisburg under any of them. So I will also be checking out the info you provided for that as well.

I also cannot locate when or where Lambert Wintgens died. I do not have his parents info or Wilhelmine (Barkowski) parent info. On the only census record I have of Lambert (1900 living with Hahn family) he states that he was born in Belgium, so I have been looking in that direction with no luck.

Thanks again! I am going to check on the 2 items you suggested.

Wendy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
whistlingdixi... 15 Jan 2013 9:02PM GMT 
rjbehnen 16 Jan 2013 6:57PM GMT 
whistlingdixi... 16 Jan 2013 7:51PM GMT 
rjbehnen 16 Jan 2013 7:59PM GMT 
rjbehnen 16 Jan 2013 8:01PM GMT 
whistlingdixi... 16 Jan 2013 8:17PM GMT 
rjbehnen 16 Jan 2013 9:07PM GMT 
rjbehnen 16 Jan 2013 10:06PM GMT 
whistlingdixi... 17 Jan 2013 1:06AM GMT 
ceramic89 7 May 2013 7:55PM GMT