Search for content in message boards

Birth record

Replies: 7

Re: Birth record

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 10:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kim,

Yes, you can look for a naturalization record often these don't provide specific towns of origins however they do typically note the country of origin or to whom they were renouncing their previous citizenship.

Eileen has done a wonderful job locating them in Canton, IL!
Bravo!! It still begs the question why did he and his brother/cousin part ways?

The following website is a great place to start your Elger research in New Berlin: http://www.linkstothepast.com/waukesha/index.php

From the notes there, it appears the Elgers were members of the old German Reformed church. Since you have a specific date for Francis Elger's death - you could have them look for an obit and the church burial record based upon the church noted in the obit.

Regardless of why they parted ways - they clearly came together to the US. And that family has clearly indicated Bohemia in their census records. So, the German - Austria - Bohemia theme certainly matches.

Best of luck in your research. If it was me, I would go for Francis's obit (German and English newspapers in New Berlin or Milwaukee) - Gary Rebholz has done an unbelieveable job in indexing families that appeared in the German newspapers in Milwaukee - You might reach out to him as I think he does a free search of his index and then you pay for a copy of the extracted info. He has an ancestry account with contact info: gary.rebholz@gmail.com

Best of luck,

Bob Behnen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Elger 19 Mar 2013 1:48AM GMT 
rjbehnen 20 Mar 2013 2:05AM GMT 
rjbehnen 20 Mar 2013 4:30AM GMT 
Elger 21 Mar 2013 1:24AM GMT 
rjbehnen 21 Mar 2013 4:21AM GMT 
Elger 20 Mar 2013 4:30PM GMT 
EileenWilson0... 20 Mar 2013 7:55PM GMT 
Elger 20 Mar 2013 8:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions