Search for content in message boards

German Translation Needed

Replies: 2

Re: German Translation Needed

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hallo,
I translated the letter for you. The handwriting wasn't difficult to read but I struggled with some of the people's names which you hopefully recognize.

Greetings from Germany
Larissa

Translation:

Dear Rosa!
We received your letter with great joy especially because we haven't heard from you in such a long time. Now we are twice as happy. The little boy that the enclosed photography shows gives us great happiness. When we see him on the card we would like to talk to him. We admire his strong looking appearance and are amazed that he is only 4 ½ months old. We showed the photography to all of our relatives who also admired him. Resi,your little sister, often goes into the room and looks at the little boy with such a proud joy that she started asking the stork to bring her a little brother, too. She always asks when she can see the little boy.
Me and grandfather are thank God still healthy. I am still very active and can do all the work by myself. I also help with the work in the house and support Emma with her work. During good times ("I think she refers to the weather") I used to work on the field, too. Grandfather isn't that active anymore. He often catches a cold and sometimes even has to stay in bed for several days. In our house there is usually a lot of work. Your father is industrious in his little mill, the mother is working at home, Emma is also very busy. The three little ones enjoy going to school and each one of them wants to have the best grades.
We can write you that Juls finished a long time ago. So far he worked for the District Court in Jennersdorf but on February 1st he will start working for the state government in Eisenstadt. The Loisl? ("perhaps from Alois") uncle and Rudolf came home from Vienna a long time ago. ? is now also home and often works on the field. Rudolf helps your father in the mill.
We want to ask God that he keeps all of you healthy for a long time and that you will only find great joy with your little ones. So we end our letter with many greetings to you, your little one and your husband. Also many greetings from your parents.

Juliana and Franz
Grandparents

Across:
Ritschi? aunt and her family are also doing well
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lirlacher1 26 Apr 2013 4:31PM GMT 
Larissa_Engel 28 Apr 2013 1:04PM GMT 
lirlacher1 28 Apr 2013 10:45PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic