OSSECKEN PARISH RECORDS...

Replies: 0

OSSECKEN PARISH RECORDS...

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 12:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Jun 2013 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Woiske, Hauschulz, Hochschulz, Tomke, Karnuth, Schüttkeker
Hello everyone,

I am searching for any church book records that people might be willing to share from the Ossecken parish, held in the Gdansk archives. (Ossecken is current day Osieki Leborskie to the north west of Danzig/current day Gdansk in the old region of Pommern)

Yes, I am in the process of trying to obtain copies of the complete church books up to 1875 (at this stage) from Gdansk, however with the current renovations they are undertaking this could take some time (I've been waiting over a month now to find out if I'm even able to get the complete books copied).

My dilemma lies in the fact that I have many leads to this particular parish for births, deaths and marriages, but no information on some of the dates or even the names for other family members.

I have at least 5 surnames to research in this particular parish.

Also, if Gdansk allow me to purchase copies of the entire church books, my plan is to slowly, over time, index the entire records to assist others researching genealogy with ties to this parish, particularly considering the fact that there is no index to the information contained in these files available anywhere that I've been able to find.

THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST, though, is to request, if anyone has already obtained church book records for the parish of Ossecken, and they are happy to email the copies of the church book pages they hold, to share them with me.

Church book records are of course handy, as more than one family are usually listed on each page. The meaning of this for me personally, is of course that the page that you may have a copy of, may list some of my ancestors on it too.

I would be greatly appreciative of anyone who may wish to help me with this.

My email address is jwuiske@live.com for anyone wishing to contact me offsite.

Find a board about a specific topic