Search for content in message boards

Von Tottleben Family

Replies: 4

Re: Von Tottleben Family

Posted: 16 Jun 2013 8:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2014 3:42PM GMT
Thomas, Thank you so much for responding. I have never heard that the family lived anywhere other than Danzig, but it is entirely possibly especially since I believe Hamburg is in the same area of Germany. I am not familiar with that other location, I will have to Goggle it. I did find those two passenger lists and have always assumed they were my great great grandparents and children. The children's names and ages were correct. The one for W Tottleben in 1880 was through the port of New Orleans, and she came separately in June/July of the following year through NY. I am very excited to know about the directory postings you mention. Especially since it has W as a goldarbeiter, the german word for goldsmith/jeweler. I no longer have a World Membership with Ancestry. I never had much luck with finding anything since I don't read German.

I was fortunate enough to have known my great grandmother, as she was still with us until 1968, but of course, I never listened enough to her family stories to be able to figure all of this out.

Thank you for responding with some new information, I greatly appreciate it.

Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarbaraStith4... 15 Jun 2013 6:10PM GMT 
BeatrixAnna 16 Jun 2013 6:15AM GMT 
BarbaraStith4... 16 Jun 2013 2:11PM GMT 
T_Pein 16 Jun 2013 7:13AM GMT 
BarbaraStith4... 16 Jun 2013 2:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions