Search for content in message boards

Von Tottleben Family

Replies: 4

Von Tottleben Family

Posted: 15 Jun 2013 12:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tottleben, Mix, Bobinska, Bartsch
Seeking information about my great-great grandparents and their families. Friedrich Wilhelm Tottleben was born in 1844 in Danzig Stadt Pruessen to Charlotte Wilhelmina Bartsch and Friedrich Ernst Tottleben. He was christened in Sankt Johanes Kirsch, Danzig. He was married to Emma (Amelia) Mix, daughter of Martin Gustav Mix and Maria Magdelena Bobinska. Friedrich and Emma and five of their children immigrated to the United States and lived in Cincinnati, OH until their deaths. Friedrich or William as he was known in the USA was a goldsmith. According to family stories he was someone with a title in Pruessen, and the family name was Von Tottleben, but the Von was dropped when they immigrated. My gg grandmother said titles were not necessary here in the United States. I have several records from the LDS church, but would like to see if I can find any other information about their families. I believe it is entirely possible that when they immigrated in 1881 some of their older children remained in Danzig. I would greatly appreciate any information on my ancestors. Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BarbaraStith4... 15 Jun 2013 6:10PM GMT 
BeatrixAnna 16 Jun 2013 6:15AM GMT 
BarbaraStith4... 16 Jun 2013 2:11PM GMT 
T_Pein 16 Jun 2013 7:13AM GMT 
BarbaraStith4... 16 Jun 2013 2:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic