Search for content in message boards

BERTA HALLER, Worms, Germany

Replies: 13

Re: BERTA HALLER, Worms, Germany

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 8:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HALLER
You are right, thanks for the reminder. I'm mixing facts with guess work. I'll leave out the guesswork and start again.

I know Berta was born Jan 17, 1911 in Frankfurt because I have her birth cert.
I know her parents were Karl Valentin Haller and Anna Elisabeth Baureis because they were listed on her birth cert. In fact, I wrote to vital records in Frankfurt and they are mailing me copies of both Karl and Anna's birth certs, marriage cert, and death certs. I'm very excited about that.

This is where the facts end and my mother's recollection of her one and only visit with her birth mother begin:

When my mother turned 18 in 1958 she was told that Berta did not die while giving birth to her, in fact she was alive. My mother found her address in Frankfurt and traveled there. Went to the house, and Berta's sister opened the door and said Berta had moved to Worms. She also told my mother that Berta had a son a couple of years older (from a different father) that was there in the house, but that he didn't know about my mother so she should leave quickly.

She contacted Berta in Worms and they met for coffee, in about 1958. The meeting was short and my mother learned very little that day other than that Berta was not married and lived in Worms at that time. They agreed to meet again soon but they never did. Eventually my mother left Germany and immigrated to the US. That's all I have. If you've read this far, I appreciate your time.

I don't know where to go from here. I see there are thousands of Haller's in Germany.
We have recently sent in our DNA to Ancestry so perhaps this will help in some way but I won't get my hopes up. I've heard mixed things online about the DNA results.
Thanks again for any suggestions.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Austin_Ruth 13 Sep 2013 2:43AM GMT 
halpark 14 Sep 2013 12:51PM GMT 
Austin_Ruth 16 Sep 2013 1:50AM GMT 
halpark 16 Sep 2013 7:15AM GMT 
Austin_Ruth 20 Sep 2013 2:23AM GMT 
halpark 20 Sep 2013 9:37AM GMT 
Austin_Ruth 21 Sep 2013 2:01PM GMT 
halpark 23 Sep 2013 11:58AM GMT 
Austin_Ruth 23 Sep 2013 2:05PM GMT 
halpark 23 Sep 2013 3:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions