Search for content in message boards

Friederike Maria Linow Schultz, Great Platow, Germany and Christian Johann Theodor Laartz, Penzlin, Germany?

Replies: 5

Friederike Maria Linow Schultz, Great Platow, Germany and Christian Johann Theodor Laartz, Penzlin, Germany?

Posted: 20 Jan 2014 3:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Laartz, Schultz, Lewis
My 3rd great grandmother was born in Germany but emmigrated to Canada in the mid 1800s. She had changed her name when she reached Canada but family documents have been found indicating her original name was Friederike Maria Linow Schultz. These documents also indicate that she was the daughter of Johann Friederick Schultz and that she was born 30 Jan 1823 in a place called Great Platow, Germany. I have tried to search for this place online and on maps but have been unable to find any information on a place with this name (though it does appear occasionally as a surname).
Other information I have on my 3rd great grandmother and my 3rd great grandfather Christian Johann Theodor Laartz (changed surname to Lewis in Canada) is as follows: According to someone who had done some translating and researching for a family member many years ago, Friederike Maria Linow Schultz and Christian Johann Theodor Laartz worked for a farmer/landowner who refused to allow them to married. According to the information they were his servants and therefore required permission or could face severe consequences. They did however have 3 children while still in Germany: Johann Karl Friederick born 28 Feb 1845, Friederike Karoline Dorothea 12 Oct 1847, and Sophia Johanna Karoline 18 Oct 1850. I have a document signed by presumably the family's pastor verifying the children's birthdates and their parentage dated 4 May 1855 and I believe Penzlin (so I am assuming the family was living in Penzlin, Germany). I have been unable to track the family in Germany and further information/documentation/verification.
Specifically, could anyone suggest how or where I could track down further records regarding the family? I have been trying Ancestry to no avail and wonder if there are records specific to Penzlin or Great Platow (if it exists) accessible. I live in Canada so of course am inquiring from a distance. Also if anyone else has further information on this family I would greatly appreciate it. I do not know Christian's parents names, Friederike's mother's name, the existence of any siblings, nor do I know how to find the place only known to me as Great Platow. If I could find out more about theis supposed farmer they worked for too that would be helpful.
Sincerely,
Angela Loranger-Money
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tommoney30 20 Jan 2014 10:29PM GMT 
tommoney30 21 Jan 2014 12:10AM GMT 
halpark 21 Jan 2014 12:10PM GMT 
rjbehnen 21 Jan 2014 5:30PM GMT 
halpark 21 Jan 2014 7:23PM GMT 
tommoney30 21 Jan 2014 11:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions