Search for content in message boards

Is it German?????

Replies: 3

Re: Is it German?????

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HERz
Hi, thank so much. I have a cousin who has gotten some records from Numbrecht, but was not able to get these. The Standesamt wants to charge me per hour for looking, but I don't know if they are there. Here is what I am looking for:
Jacob Herz, my great-grandfather, was married four times. 1) His first wife was Sophie Frank. We are also looking to locate her Death certificate. She must have died sometime between April 1887 and March 1888. On her daughter Caroline's death certificate it says she was already deceased.
2)acob Herz born in Nuembrecht In 1852. His second wife, who was my great-grandmother, Rebecca Reinheimer , was born in Beerfelden in 1849. I have been unable to find their marriage certificate in Beerfelden, but my cousin was unable to get them from the standesamt in Numbrecht as well. They must have been married between 1887 and 1888. If the marriage certificate is not in Nuembrecht, I was told perhaps they are in the archives in BRuel.
3_We are also looking for a marriage certificate to his third wife Dina Leeser or Lesser. My great-grandmother died in October 1894 so he would have married Dina Leeser sometime after that.
She died in 1910 of a brain tumor. (My great-grandfather must have had a sad life.)
4) His last wife was Henriette "Henny" Jordan. I'm also trying to find information on Henny... It is believed she was born in Dortmund in 1860. We are looking for a marriage certificate for Henny and my great-grandfather. She was killed in the holocaust. In the book , Meine Name Ist Meta Herz it says she sold Jacob's house when she was widowed, but we have no other documentation.
5) We are also looking for any other information about my great grandfather Jacob Herz who was born in Numbrecht in 1852 and died there in 1924. We have his birth and death certificates. But information about his business, or anything else. Thank you so much. I appreciate anything you can find so much. It is so nice of you to offer. I don't kow if any of this is in Numbrecht. My emaii is lin2@cfl.rr.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Betty Haworth 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
LinHerz 4 Oct 2013 6:33PM GMT 
valeria1950 6 Oct 2013 4:52PM GMT 
LinHerz 27 Oct 2013 5:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions