Search for content in message boards

Carl Patterson from Hamburg,Germany(to vic,Australia)

Replies: 0

Carl Patterson from Hamburg,Germany(to vic,Australia)

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2013 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Patterson /canute/ward.
I am looking for descendants,info etc on the following....Henry Patterson with Mary canute Dob c 1800 or so..Henry was some sort of farmer.son Karl/Carl born Hamburg c 1840/Carl left Hamburg 21st July 1859 from Hamburg port via London to Melbourne Australia Victoria,according to naturilisation papers,however a german researcher,cannot find evidence of his arrival or departure from hamburg.He stated he came aboard the mauritus,but my understanding is that,that ship was built 16th century and sunk Off isle wight late 1850s but before he was supposed to of come to Australia.His wife Emma, changed his name to Charles Patterson ,as to fit in.He worked in the mines at vic,ballarat and died miners disease 1891..he married his wife Emma Ward (b isle of wight daughter of charlotte emma ward and Edward norman pitt) they married at the Skipton st ,christian bible church ballarat on January 6th ,his marriage cert showed Mary and Henry as his parents.

Charles siblings....unknown.

Charles and Emma s children...

Alice Dora,Alfred Ernest,,Frank,Amy Louisa,Rosa Caroline,Louisa Caroline,Charles Ward Patterson,Ellen Maud(Chappell)nee Patterson, Frederick Charles,Janet Victoria.I don't have info as to if Charles had siblings,proper Dob,or any pics,or info about his parents etc.

Emma and Charles kids were born in ballarat and Sebastopol areas,Ellen Maud,Janet vic went to WA.

Frederick Charles patterson,my hubbys ggf married Sarah Ellen aitkins...(daughtet of martha brown and henry aitkins).

Fred was a carpenter so we were told.
Their kids,Thelma Gladys, Ernest Edgar,Laura Mavis,Leo Barton Patterson.Leo changed name to halton.

my hubby descends from Thelma.

Thelma gladys patterson m james burnside who was aka james cunningham burnside,he married three times that we know of,he wad born glasgow scotland,son of Elizabeth main and walter burnside)

Thelma and james married in 1938,but not before having a daughter,dawn lorraine in 1937.

Thelma and james divorced c 1942.

Thelma was wife number two.
First wife millicent rhoda morgan,one son Lawrence james.

Wife number three james married widow ruth constance gardam in 1943, daughter judith.

Thelma had other kids,albert lawrence..deceased butied fawkner victoria,believed to be james.

Thelmas other kids,robert,wendy susan,raymond,shirley.For some unknown teason all but shirley were adopted out by the salvation army. Thelma died in 2000 under name of mason,service of cremation was held,ashes remain with daughter,shirley.

Gladys eldest daughter Dawn was raised by her gma Sarah Ellen Patterson nee aitkins.At 17 Dawn married George James Overton(son of George Percival Overton and Alice Grace Norman).Dawn had 14 kids,not all to Overton.her later bf was Neville Schmidt son of Gwen and Richard Schmidt of warrnambool.

descendants,relies,or info as to family origin....etc plz contact us.Thankyou.

Names of relation....brown,(england and ballsrst vic) Ward(england to ballarat),aitkins(england to ballarat victoria also adkin) pitt (england isle of wight),Patterson(Germany to Victoria,nsw,WA),(England to Victoria),Dunn,Mathews,Collins,pritchett,Chappell,Burnside(glasgow scotland to victoria)flett(england to warrnambool vic) allen(victoria).

Distant patterson rellies via chappell nee patterson incl.white,king,tressider,oldenhof,Richards,Williams,Schmidt.

Still searching for descendants,and info on our Patterson relatives.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions