Search for content in message boards

Breitenbach Siepel Families from Lützel / Bieber

Replies: 2

Breitenbach Siepel Families from Lützel / Bieber

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2009 9:54AM GMT
Surnames: Breitenbach, Seipel
Attached is a parish extract for a Heinrich (Henry) Breitenbach and Magdalena Seipel family from Lützel and/or Bieber in Hesse -- and a passenger list from 1837. The parish extract is at least 60 years old, maybe as much as 100+ years old.

The Henry Breitenbach and Magdalena Seipel family emigrated to the US in 1837 first settling in Pike County Ohio. Henry died before 1850 in Pike County Ohio and Magdalena and two of her sons moved to Cincinnati where they lived the rest of their lives and are buried in Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati. One of the sons who moved to Cincinnati, Bernard/Benjamin was my g-g-g grandfather.

The parish extract references a brother of Henry Breitenbach, a John Brietenbach. On the same 1837 passenger list with Magdalena and her children were a John and Margaret Breitenbach family. I've never been able identify this family in the US census records from 1850 on...

I'm trying to make any connections back to the Breitenbach and Seipel families in Hesse -- as well as possibly identify the family of John and Margaret Breitenbach that emigrated to the US with Magdelana and her children.

I'm also interested in the Lützel anhd Bieber locations. On Google maps, I found Lützel but it appears to be at least a few villages away from Bieber in Hesse. I also noticed a Breitenborn village that is very close to Lützel. Any explanations of the area would be much appreciated.

Many regards,

... Dewey Allen
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dallen16 22 Jan 2009 9:54PM GMT 
Margaret_Brei... 24 Oct 2012 3:08AM GMT 
rynmrrs 22 Jan 2014 3:43AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions