Search for content in message boards

Hees, Hesse, Hess

Replies: 1

Hees, Hesse, Hess

Posted: 13 Aug 2013 10:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking Help: I have traced my family name of Hees back to John (Heinrick) Hees Nassau in b.1850. I found records confirming his father John Hees (b1814) lived in Weidelbach, Lahn-Dill-Kreis, Hessen, Germany as well as Fellerdilln, Germany These places aren't to far apart. At this point, all of my research stops in this area of Germany. I was hoping to find someone who knows more about German genealogy, areas to research, or some books that may be able to point me in the right direction. It looks like they were farmers which seems pretty common for that area during these times. Seems like they would have had a larger family or there would be some sort of record of their existence.

One hope I have is that John Hees (b1814) had to have some siblings or parents that lived in the aforementioned areas of Germany. I feel like there could be someone out there researching who has a distant branch of their family tree that ends at theirs with the beginning of mine. All of my Hees Family that I have discovered came to Detroit around 1854 and have been there ever since. A shipping document specifically stated his destination was Detroit. Are there other families that left the same area to go to Detroit and why? Did another family member go there first or did the family go to different parts of the New World to find the best new places? Maybe they all left to get away from the revolution. These are just some thoughts and questions I have. I am sure there are people that know a lot more about the history of the area that may be able to shed some light on my questions.

Anywho, at this point I have been researching since late 2009. I think I have looked over almost every document related to my family on Ancestry. Now I just hope to get some new information. Eventually I will travel to Germany but I really want to get my information correct before I do. If you read this, Thank You!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heesfamily 13 Aug 2013 4:22PM GMT 
Wolfgang Fisc... 24 Aug 2013 12:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions