I am searching for information on my 3rd Great Grandfather, Carl Heinrich Prüter & his family. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Carl Heinrich Prüter was born Jul 30 1836 in Brunshaupten, Germany. On 3 Feb 1865 he married Wilhelmine Marie (maybe Hamann?) in Mecklenburg-Schwerin. They had the following children:
Katherine Mary " Prüter 1868 – 1948 (married John J O'Leary)
Carl Prüter 1871 –
Emma Johanne C Prüter 1873 – 1952 (married James L Burgert)
Henry Prüter 1877 –
Ernst Prüter 1881 –
Louis Fritz Prüter 1882 – 1961
William Henry Prüter 1885 – 1948
Notes I have on the family:
* when Katherine Mary "Katie" (Prüter) O'Leary (my 2nd great grandmother) passed away her obituary reads:
Mrs. Kate O'Leary Laid at Rest Here
Mrs. Kate O'Leary, 80, for forty-two years a resident of Manzanola, was laid at rest Tuesday afternoon in Mount View Cemetery following services at the Hunter Funeral hime at which the Rev. H. C. Armstrong officiated.
Two songs; "Sometime We'll Understand", and "The End of The Road", were rendered by Mrs. D. E. Hunter, Mrs. Fred Sneath, Mrs. C. R. Schuth and Miss Mary Jane McClain, with Mrs. William Isbell at the piano.
Pall bearers were: Fred Gerard, Pete Dowe, Carl Foster, Jess Grooms, Tom Davis and Guy Blazer.
Mrs. O'Leary was found dead in bed Saturday by neighbors who became anxious about her after she had not been seen about her home for twenty-four hours.
Kate Pruter was born June 10, 1868 in Brunshaupton, Germany, the daughter of Carl H. and Wilhelmine Marie Pruter. She came to America with her parents when she was 12 years of age and settled with them in Iowa where they lived for 10 years before coming to Colorado.
She was married to John J O'Leary in April of 1890 in Pueblo where they lived until coming to Manzanola in 1906. She lived here until her sudden death on August 20, at the age of 80 years, 2 months and ten days.
She was the mother of three children, Mary, Henry and Charles - the first two named preceding her in death.
She is survived by the son, Charles, of Albuquerque, New Mexico; two grandchildren (daughters of her only daughter Mary Dull) Mrs. Velma Keast of Ottumwa, Iowa, and Mrs. Evelyn Clendenning of Denver; four great-grandchildren; a sister Mrs. Emma Burgert of Manzanola, and three brothers, Louis, William and Henry Pruter.
She was a quiet unassuming woman, interested in local, state and world politics and events although she took no active part in these things. She had many friends who visited her and always came away richer for their contact with this kindly person.
Cards of Thanks
May we thank the Manzanola friends of Mrs. Kate O'Leary for their many kindnesses, and especially the Knight of Pythias Lodge and the Women's Council of the Christian church during our recent bereavenebt.
Mr. and Mrs. Charles O'Leary and Family
Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Clendenning and Family
Mr. and Mrs. Ray Keast
Mrs. Emma Burgert and Family
* Manzanola, Colorado August 25, 1948 - Department of Law, Inheritance Tax Division, State Capitol Building, Denver 2, Colorado
You will please be advised that inventory hereinafter set forth contains a true, full and complete inventory of the contents of box no. 79 in the J.H. Beaty & Co., Bankers bank fo Manzanola, Colorado, held by the late Kate O'Leary of Manzanola, Colorado, who died August 20, 1948.
There were present:
Chas. O'Leary - Son of deceased
Alice Evelyn Dull Clendenning - Granddaughter of deceased
Velma Louise Keast - Granddaughter of deceased
W. C. Beaty - Representing your Office
Reta M. Faust - Representing depository
James C. Lewis - Witness
The contents of said box were listed in seven copies, the original of which is sent to you, the same being signed and approved by the persons present at the listing, and the other copies given to them respectively. Such contents are as follows, to-wit:
1. United States Savings Bond Series E. No. R 597 711 E issued November 28, 1945 To Mrs. Kate O'Leary or Mrs. Ray W, Keast Two hundred dollars
2) Warranty Deed - from Frances Steele to Kate O'Leary Lots sixteen (16), Seventeen (17), and eighteen (18), Block Forty (40), in the town of Manzanola as the same appears on a plat of said town on file in the office of Clerk and Recorder of Otero County, Colorado. Deed Number 89725
3) Deed of Trust - From Kate O'Leary to Frances Steele Number 89726 covering same description as Item two, with note for $250.00 dated April 1, 1913, marked as paid, and also Release of Deed of Trust # 265907.
4) Paid-up Certificate for Whole Life Protection No. 440148 issued by Women's Benefit Association to Katie O"Leary, W. B. A. Review or Club No. 32, Located at Rocky Ford, State (or Province) of Colorado, in the amount of One Hundred Seventy Six and 50/100 will be paid out of the benefit fund of said Association to Charles O'Leary, son.
5) Naturalization paper of Carl Pruter dated Sept. 26th, 1887, together with three birth Certificate papers.
6) Insurance Policy No. 383, The Home Insurance Company New York, Expires March 7th, 1947, on the house and furniture.
Carl Heinrich Prüter passed away in 1900. He is buried at Manzanola Mountainview Cemetery
Manzanola, Otero County, Colorado, USA.
I have no information on Carl's parents, his siblings, his wife before they were married, etc. If anyone knows anything about this family I would love to hear all information. Thanks