Search for content in message boards

Katharine Deppe and Friedrich Sorge in Stederdorf

Replies: 0

Katharine Deppe and Friedrich Sorge in Stederdorf

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 7:04AM GMT
Surnames: Deppe, Sorge
I am looking for the family of my great-grandmother, Katharine (aka Catherine, Caroline and Carrie) DEPPE, born abt 1866/7, perhaps in Halligdorf, Hannover, Germany. I am not sure of her birthPLACE, but when she emigrated from Germany to America, she stated she was from Halligdorf. I know nothing about her parents.

Katharine had a daughter out of wedlock named Anna DEPPE, b. 17 Jul 1883 in Germany. The father was Friedrich SORGE (aka Heinrich Friedrich Wilhem Sorge), b. 17 Apr 1863 in Stederdorf, Peine, Niedersachsen. His parents were Johann Heinrich Wilhem Sorge (1837-1907) and Christine Marie Meyer (1835-1914), who both died in Stederdorf.

Friedrich emigrated to America in Oct 1884 and settled in Toledo, Lucas, Ohio. He sent for Katharine and their daughter Anna in June 1885 and married Katharine 8 days after her arrival. They settled in Toledo and had a daughter, Caroline SORGE, born 26 Feb 1886, who was my grandmother.

On the ship's manifest from Germany Katharine is listed as "Caroline Dapp" age 19, traveling with daughter Anna "Dapp."

Does anyone have info on these SORGE and DEPPE families?

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions