Search for content in message boards

Ferdinand Gross born 1857, Married Caroline Grube

Replies: 5

Re: Ferdinand Gross born 1857, Married Caroline Grube

Posted: 16 Aug 2013 10:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gross, Grube, Clevenger, Rahkola
Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

I have absolutely no idea about areas of Germany in the 1800s or now. I have reason to believe that Niedersachsen may be an area in which my ancestors lived only for the fact that I came across several family trees on ancestry.com (to answer your other question about the search engine I am using for world records) that seemed to have many similarities with my ancestor Ferdinand Gross, and the area of Germany was listed as Niedersachsen. This may be inaccurate, but I am trying to start somewhere:)

They did emigrate to the USA, and were listed in both the 1910 and 1920 US Census, listing their arrival date as about 1888. They then settled in the area of Detroit, Mi. They had many children: August, Charles, William, George, Paul, Ida, Edward, Adeline, Henry, Emil, Emma, and Emmaline. Many of these children died very young, or in their first year.

As for Caroline, the wife, I found that she is about six years younger than Ferdinand, (born around 1863, if his birthdate is correct) but did not find an exact year of birth, or a christening record. Their son Paul (1895-1977) Gross went on to marry Zorea(h) Clevenger (of Ohio, USA), and give birth to my paternal grandmother, Sirley Mae (Gross) Rahkola in Detroit, MI.

I appreciate your questions, suggestions, and help. I am still very frustrated with ancestry.com's world search. It lets you choose a region of the world, and brings up possible databases, but none of them are searchable with keywords, and it appears that you have to scroll through all of the records. I am hoping I am missing something, and I am perhaps doing the search incorrectly.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
arahkola80 17 Aug 2013 3:06AM GMT 
dmacdumes 17 Aug 2013 3:37AM GMT 
arahkola80 17 Aug 2013 4:18AM GMT 
HRFFW 21 Aug 2013 6:21PM GMT 
hapebar 21 Aug 2013 8:25PM GMT 
arahkola80 23 Aug 2013 1:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions