Search for content in message boards

Hans Micheal SCHWEINCK, or SCHWENK, B. 1689-1701 in the Rhine Valley, Germany

Replies: 2

Hans Micheal SCHWEINCK, or SCHWENK, B. 1689-1701 in the Rhine Valley, Germany

Mary Harmon (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2006 8:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SCHWENK, SCHWEINCK, SWINKY, ETC.
I am new to this message board. I am researching the surname SCHWENK as it is written most commonly in Pennsylvania, USA. In North Carolina, USA, it is most commonly written as SWINK. I don't know the German spelling but it might be SCHWEINCK.

Hans Michael Schwenk, B. 1689-1701 in the Rhine Valley, Germany, died 20 Feb 1773 in Pennsylvania, USA. {Source: Old Goshenhoppen Church Records, Pennsylvania, USA}

He was age 50 in 1739 when he immigrated to the USA on the ship Jamaica Galley. He signed the Ships Log, as best I can tell, Hans Michel Swinky. {Source: Pennsylvania German Pioneers, Vol. II 1785-1808 by Ralph Beaver Strassburger, LL.D and Edited by William John Hinke, PH.D., D.D.}

Listed also on the ships log was an Adam SWINKY, age 18, whom I believe to be a son of this Hans Michael Swinky, but listed separately on the ships log. Any child over the age of 16 was listed separately.

Accompanying him were his wife, Mary Elizabeth {-?-} and (3) sons, Jacob, George and Nicholas.

I believe he might have had a brother named Peter Schwenk.

Any information on this surname would be appreciated. Any suggestions for research would also be appreciated. I am seeking birth records for the children and a marriage record for Hans Michael Swink if any survive today. Other genealogical information would also be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mary Harmon 14 Jan 2006 3:39PM GMT 
wendyjdixon 12 May 2013 1:52PM GMT 
MaryHarmon84 13 May 2013 6:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions