Search for content in message boards

Eulenbis, Essweiler, Bosenbach

Replies: 30

Re: Eulenbis, Essweiler, Bosenbach

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2013 9:37AM GMT
Hi Kim,
I saw your post and am excited to tell you there is a book that lists and cross references families from Essweiler. My family is from Essweiler and my cousins live in the area. When I visited with them last summer, they gave me the book, Familienbuch Eβweiler by Alfred Paquet. The book was just published in 2012. Your Conrad family is listed as Konrath. I can scan the pages to you at the email you have posted if you’d like. Philipp Konrath married Louisa Hobel and 8 children are listed. Rudolf married Karolina Jung, so you have all of the correct family connections. There are about 10 pages of Jungs, so it would take some real digging to find other relatives of Karolina. Your family appears to be all Protestants, which were the majority. We’re Catholics, which were fewer in Essweiler than Jews. That region of Germany is mostly Protestant even today. I see that Philipp Konrath (married to Louisa) was a musician. I am a 4th generation musician from Essweiler – the village was widely known for its travelling musicians! There is a museum nearby dedicated to those musicians and it was quite overwhelming to see my family’s pictures and names there!

Have you seen the Essweiler home page? It is a page dedicated to the village and its history - www.essweiler.de. I was able to meet the webmaster of the page when we visited last summer. You’ll find so much information there. Through that page, I posted some family pictures and information. From there, two of my cousins contacted me. My father’s late cousin was the last to have contact with our family there, so it was fantastic to connect with my generation of cousins. Perhaps you can have the same luck!

Is there a group on Ancestry of descendants of Essweiler families? I’m not familiar enough with the site to know if we can form groups such as that.

Here is the info about the Familienbuch I copied and pasted from the Essweiler webpage:
Family book Eßweiler
From the public records since 1798
by Alfred Paquet
380 pages
The book costs 18 euros plus the following shipping
(the book is too heavy to be sent as a cheaper Büchersendung can):
Germany: 4 Euro
EU: 9 Euro
World: 16 euro
Contact by e-mail @ alfred.paquet essweiler.de

Barbara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LearnGenealog... 6 Sep 2012 1:29PM GMT 
BKSantoro 12 Feb 2013 4:29PM GMT 
spbork2 27 Feb 2013 1:41PM GMT 
bsantoro1 28 Feb 2013 2:14AM GMT 
spbork2 28 Feb 2013 2:05PM GMT 
bsantoro1 4 Mar 2013 3:29PM GMT 
spbork2 4 Mar 2013 4:06PM GMT 
bsantoro1 7 Mar 2013 10:31PM GMT 
Kim McCullars 1 May 2013 8:00AM GMT 
jimroewer77 12 Jan 2007 10:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions