Surname Wiebelt

Replies: 2

Re: Surname Wiebelt

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Feb 2013 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Wiebelt
Bob:

My husband's name is Wiebelt and he may possibly be related to you. Here is what I know. My husband's family was from Berlin and Bonn, Germany. But as far as he knows there were other cities. My husband's name is Harold J. Wiebelt, Jr. and his father is Sr. My husband Harold has two sisters (Gloria & Cheryl) and one brother(Donald). Alphonse Sr. is my husband's grandfather, he married a German woman by the name of Rebecca Schnyder. Alphonse Sr had to brothers by the name of Charles and Andrew. My late father-in-law had other siblings; their names were Alphonse Jr., Ralph, Harry (apparently my father-in-law had a twin, that was Harry), George, Olivia, Bertha, Amelia & Alberta. Apparently there was another sister who passed when she was an infant from Scarlet Fever, but my sister-in-law can't remember her name. My sister-in-law, Cheryl Wiebelt told me that around the same time frame as your research, there was a relative whose last name was Wies/Wiess. But they changed their name to Wiebelt. Now my husband briefly was in contact with someone in Germany who was supposedly related to his family. His name is Wolfgang Vess Wiebelt. His father's name was Werner/Wernar and grandfather was Vernen/Wernen. The grandfather told his grandson (Werner/Wernar), that he has been in contact with cousins from Germany who lived in the US, named Charles, Andrew & Alphonse ( Alphonse married Rebecca Schynder ). According to my husband, Wolfgang Vess Wiebelt told him that there is a large number of Wiebelts still living in Germany and are living here in the US too. I don't know if you two and my husband are in fact related, but you may want to consider contacting him. If so, our email add. is as follows: Wieman351@bellsouth.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bob Wiebelt 9 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Snell 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
wieman351 27 Feb 2013 2:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic