Search for content in message boards

Reinhard & Jung Reunion and Spirkelbach Church Question

Replies: 3

Reinhard & Jung Reunion and Spirkelbach Church Question

Posted: 22 Jul 2012 1:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reinhard Jung Braun Stöbener
Johann Jacob Reinhard & his wife, Anna Maria Jung, were both born in Spirkelbach in 1826, and came to America in 1850. They settled in Buffalo, Scott Co., IA in 1855. Next month their descendants will be having a family picnic in their honor.

Both Johann Jacob & Anna Maria were christened in Wilgartswiesen, a neighboring village of Spirkelbach. Why?

I'm attempting to learn what year the church in Spirkelbach was founded. From what I can figure, by using Google translated pages, the Spirkelbach church (Lutheran denomination) was built in the late 1700's and renovated sometime in the 1980s. The family is Lutheran .... why would they not have their children christened in their own village church?

Johann Jacob Reinhard was the son of Frederick & Elisabeth (Braun) Reinhard. His siblings included Frederick, Michael, Conrad, David, Anna Maria, Katharina, Daniel, Elisabeth & Eva - all born in Spirkelbach between 1826 and 1843, christened in Wilgartswiesen. I believe that Michael was the only other in this family who migrated to the U.S. Would love to make contact with any descendants of these folks.

Anna Maria Jung was the daughter of Michael & Anna Maria (Stöbener) Jung. Her siblings included George Frederick, Michael, Phillip and Jacob. Again, all born in Spirkelbach & christened in Wilgartswiesen during the years 1814 to 1831. Any descendants of this family out there?

Thanks in advance for any info on the Spirkelbach church and/or the above mentioned families.

Lynnea Dickinson
Scott Co., Iowa

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LDickin628 22 Jul 2012 7:00PM GMT 
anitagillmann 24 Jul 2012 9:06AM GMT 
Skipper0604 11 Mar 2013 4:57AM GMT 
LDickin628 14 Mar 2013 6:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic