Search for content in message boards

Charlotte Hermann - Emigrantion Records - Kreuznach - 1854

Replies: 6

Re: AW: Charlotte Hermann - Emigrantion Records - Kreuznach - 1854

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 12:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
I also have ancestors from Kreuznach (Bad Kreuznach) I have had great success using microfilm from the Family History Center in Salt Lake City. There are several film listed in their catalog for Parish records in Kreuznach. They cover the time period from early 1600's through 1798. You can rent these microfilm from the main library at any branch FHC. Go to familysearch.org to see the card catalog and to find the FHC nearest to where you live. If you need help in ordering, go to your branch FHC and they will help you.

I happen to have 3 or 4 film of Kreuznach Parish Records (Evangelical) on long term loan so I can access them whenever. I am not at home right now,so can't tell you what time periods they cover but I think it's a pretty big range. I will be at home by Sunday. If you want to e mail me at my personal address: - bhunt@mvdsl - I'll let you know what they are. Maybe I can help you get started. I'm sure you can follow Charlotte's parents back in these records; or others if they were Catholic or Reformed. If you think you can't read the records, don't worry! It only takes a little practice to pick out the names and dates. With time, and a German dictionary with genealogical terms, you'll be surprised at what you'll learn.

Hermann is also one of my ancestral names but they are from Wuerttemberg rather than the Rhineland.

Good Luck with your research and contact me if I can help.

Billie Hunt

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Winston Cochr... 5 Nov 2012 2:53AM GMT 
dietmarhandl 7 Dec 2012 5:59PM GMT 
Winston Cochr... 8 Dec 2012 2:23AM GMT 
mmathews85 18 Jan 2013 7:12AM GMT 
heritagegirl1... 20 Jan 2013 8:42PM GMT 
mmathews85 10 Feb 2013 1:15AM GMT 
heritagegirl1... 11 Feb 2013 9:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic