Susanna Trier m. to Peter Georg Schunk/Schunck of Briefurt or Böckweiler

Replies: 0

Susanna Trier m. to Peter Georg Schunk/Schunck of Briefurt or Böckweiler

Posted: 24 Feb 2014 12:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Feb 2014 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Trier, Schunk, Schunck, Linder
Hello -

I am helping a friend research some family lines from Germany, namely in the towns and area around Breitfurt, Böckweiler (note the umlaut over the "o") and Wolfersheim (with no umlaut over the "o" and also found spelled as Wolferscheim and Wulfersheim.) Those towns were in Bavaria at one time and now are in Saarpfalz-Kries in present-day Germany.

I am trying to find more information on a Susanna Trier (her other given names _may_ have been Maria and Elisabetha) who married a Peter Georg Schunk (or Schunck) and had at least the following children:

Georg (George) Schunk
b. b. 3 Apr 1851
bap. 10 Apr 1851, Breitfurt, Pfalz, Bayern [Bavaria], Germany

Charlotte Schunk
b. 4 Oct 1853
bap. 23 Oct 1853, Breitfurt, Pfalz, Bayern [Bavaria], Germany [known as the German Confederation in 1853]

Karolina Schunk
b. 2 Jan 1856
bap. 6 Jan 1856, Breifurt, Bayern [Bavaria], Germany [German Confederation]

Peter Schunk (also spelled: Schunck in some records)
b. 19 Apr 1858, Böckweiler [located in present-day Saarland [Saarpfalz-Kries], Germany
bap. 25 Apr 1858, Breitfurt, Bayern, Germany [German Confederation]

My friend knows the following about 3 of the children of Susanna Trier and Peter Georg Schunk/Schunk:

Daughter Charlotte married Heinrich Linder. Both of them and their infant daughter, Katharina, immigrated to the USA and settled in Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois in 1881. They arrived at the Port of New York aboard the ship Suevia 26 Mar 1881. They lived in Wolferscheim (spelled that way in the ship manifest) before emigration.

Son Peter traveled aboard the same ship, Suevia, as his sister Charlotte Schunk Linder and also settled in Peoria County, Illinois, taking up farming. His surname was spelled "Schunck" in the Suevia manifest.

Son Georg/George also immigrated to the USA, 23 May 1888 at the Port of New York with his wife and 3 sons. They, too, settled in Peoria County, Illinois.

Also, traveling aboard the ship Suevia, which arrived 26 Mar 1881, was a Magd. (Magdalena, I think) Trier and a Carolina Schunck. The ship manifest looks like they were traveling together with the Linders and with Peter Schunck. My friend thinks Carolina Schunck in the Suevia manifest was the sister of Charlotte Schunk Linder. She also thinks Magd. Trier was a relative on Charlotte's mother's side of the family.

Thank you in advance for my friend, for any leads.

Find a board about a specific topic