Search for content in message boards

Reichardt family east central Germany

Replies: 1

Reichardt family east central Germany

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2012 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: Reichardt, Kuenstler
Hi, I have two related inquiries to make here.

I am searching for information about Felix Gottfried Reichardt and his wife Ida Wilhelmina Keunstler. Their names came down to me in family records in the United States, but without any details about dates or locations. The only record I have found of them online is from a marriage index. They wed in 1847 in Grossenstein, Saxe-Altenburg, although I know neither the church nor the exact date the marriage took place. They were probably born in the early 1820s or so. Felix and Ida had four sons:

Alexander Felix Reichardt
b: 05 Jun 1848 (according to obituary in Wilkau-Hasslau near Zwikau, Saxony, but other sources state or suggest Linda near Ronneburg, or Breitenhain in Saxe-Altenburg)
d: 05 May 1936 in Nodaway, Adams County, Iowa
m: 15 Dec 1872 in Buda, Bureau County, Illinois to Margaret Jane Horton
emigrated/immigrated in 1864 aboard the Johann Lange from Bremen, arriving 29 Aug in New York.

Ernest Moritz Reichardt
b: 04 Feb 1852 in (supposedly) Breitenhain, Saxe-Altenburg
d: 1930 in Jasper, Adams County, Iowa
m: 1884 in Adams County, Iowa to Elizabeth Storch
emigrated/immigrated in 1869 aboard the ship "America," arrived 01 Nov in New York
(Ernest and Elizabeth had four children, but zero grandchildren. Family story has it they threatened to remove the children from their will if they ever married.)

Otto Reichardt
No information except that he was deceased by 1936, according to obituary for brother Alexander Felix Reichardt. I haven't found him in the United States so I think he remained and died in Germany. Probably born in the 1850s.

Paul Reichardt
No information except that he still lived in Germany in 1936, according to obituary for brother Alexander Felix Reichardt. Probably born in the 1850s.

My second inquiry is to find out what happened to Otto and especially to Paul. We all know what was happening in Germany in the 1930s and I am curious to know what Paul and his (presumed) children were doing.

Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jwvanek1 1 Sep 2012 8:37PM GMT 
edersee 6 Jan 2013 1:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic