Search for content in message boards

Herbert Garske family

Replies: 4

Herbert Garske family

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 3:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Garske, Schuller, Lohrke
Herbert Richard Garkse was born 27 Jun 1941 in Weferlingen. He arrived in Quebec on Nov 18,1956 on the Neptunia Greek Line into the hands of Adolph Sammann. His passport says his residence was Brügge [near Lüdenscheid, Märkischer Kreis, North Rhine-Westphalia?]. In his paperwork is a death certificate for an Otto Paul Richard Garske who died in Dünnebrett on May 13, 1955. Otto was born April 20, 1911 in GroBrhuden, Kreis Marienburg [Groß-Rhüden, Niedersachsen?] He was married to Frieda Helene born Catherine Schuller? Also listed Otto’s parents as August Garske and Emelie Lohrke, both deceased last in Weferlingen.

This is all my friend Kristyn knows of her father's [Herbert] family. I'm working on her genealogy for her, but I can't seem to find anything on these individuals, likely because they are "recent" history. The working theory is that his father was Otto, and after Otto's death in 1955, he left for Canada. He married a French-Canadian/Scottish woman. I've made a decent dent in that side of the family, but the databases available on Ancestry.com and Familysearch.org have been of zero help with the Garske family. Would appreciate any assistance - even if it's a local researcher we can hire! :)

Thanks in advance
Tiffany Fugere for Kristyn Tremblett
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Tiffany Fuger... 23 Nov 2012 10:52AM GMT 
jimkido 13 Dec 2012 2:39PM GMT 
jimkido 13 Dec 2012 3:19PM GMT 
Matthias Gars... 7 Aug 2014 9:49PM GMT 
Tiffany Fuger... 8 Aug 2014 9:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic