Search for content in message boards

Civil records access in Germany

Replies: 2

Civil records access in Germany

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 8:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I'm an American researching my German family lines. I have located a marriage document for my gr-gr-grandparents that should help break down a decades-long brick wall. That being said, I simply cannot afford the cost of the copying services plus the $50 bank fee for the international bank transfer - no matter how much I would love to get the information!
It is an 1880s era marriage document from Seehausen (Altmark), Sachsen-Anhalt. The Standesamt has confirmed that they have located it.
Is there anyone out there who knows about the accessibility of these records? If I were to find someone local who was kind enough to look it up, could they make a copy? If so, would the 18 Euro copying charge still apply?
I've gotten copies from the UK, Netherlands and other countries with little to no problem. I understand the need to offset the time and effort, but this is proving to be difficult. Any help would be much appreciated.

Craig Collins
Virginia, USA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
craigccollins 17 Sep 2013 2:19PM GMT 
su2112yellow 17 Sep 2013 11:38PM GMT 
valeria1950 6 Oct 2013 8:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions