Search for content in message boards

Anhalt-Dessau to Dessau, Texas 1854-1873

Replies: 10

Anhalt-Dessau to Dessau, Texas 1854-1873

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wieland, Goerlitz, Grosskopf, Prinz, Moritz
I would like to have as much information about the following families who settled Dessau TX near Pflugerville and Austin as anyone may have. In order to help a German researcher locate records and precise villages of origin, most of which seem likely to be in the Kirchenkreis (church district) of the town of Zerbst, full names, birth and marriage dates, places listed in any items like old letters, Bibles, etc. you may have access to:WIELAND Hermine, Friedrich, Albert and their older half-brother Martin; all these siblings arrived single, probably from Coswig, and married into some German families who also arrived in the 1850-1880 period in Dessau, TX(LISSO, BOLDEBUCK, MEYER and BLUMENTRITT); GOERLITZ, Friedrich and his older sister, Henrietta GOERLITZ-PRINZ; Henrietta's husband, Friedrich PRINZ and his brother Wilhelm came from Brasen near Coswig and there is a Goerlitz family probably related to my GOERLITZ family which was traced to Zieko near Coswig and settled first in Dessau TX, then in McDade; GROSSKOPF, C. Gustav and his wife, Louise MORITZ GROSSKOPF, possibly from near Rosslau/Meinsdorf just north of Dessau. If anyone can help by giving more of the baptismal names of any of these early settlers as well as birthdates as complete as possible, they may well be traceable even without a specific known birthplace. I have had very good luck tracing my ggggrandparents Andreas (Andrew)Lisso and Friedricke Luedecke to Meinsdorf and Steckby bei Steutz with this researcher and will be glad to share with all interested what he may find on the others from Dessau Texas. BUT, I need as much information from all of you in Texas and Anhalt as possible to do it.

Many Thanks,
Lesley Lisso Koster
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lesley Koster 13 Feb 2002 11:49PM GMT 
mikki 4 Jun 2002 6:25PM GMT 
Lesley Koster 5 Jun 2002 9:02PM GMT 
jdunn50 19 Jan 2003 5:08PM GMT 
edsandra2 7 Nov 2012 11:41PM GMT 
sospel 9 Nov 2012 10:56PM GMT 
Kris Chavis 15 Aug 2014 8:00PM GMT 
tealc240 19 Aug 2014 6:38PM GMT 
Kris Chavis 15 Aug 2014 7:53PM GMT 
1949opa 8 Nov 2013 2:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions