Search for content in message boards

Looking for Dasslers in Saxony

Replies: 2

Looking for Dasslers in Saxony

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dassler/Daessler/Doessler, Grimm, Narr
I would really appreciate any help that any of you could offer. My family is desperately trying to find information about our ancestors' lives in Germany. None of the documents that we've discovered have listed a specific town/village/city in Germany, but they all reference Saxony. So we know the general area, but have not been able to confirm their specific ancestral village. I feel that we know a lot of information: birth dates, marriage date, emigration date and vessel...but it has not availed us of any further information in Germany.

Here is what we know:

Henry (Heinrich) Dassler was born on April 9, 1847. He married Caroline Grimm (birthdate: April 11, 1850) on September 1, 1871. Henry's Naturalization Index states that he emigrated in May of 1887 to New York. Caroline Dassler (along with her children: Rosie, Ida, Max, Minnie and Martha) emigrated on May 24, 1889 from Bremen to Baltimore aboard the Weser. I have not yet found Henry Dassler on a passenger list.

Henry's children's (those born in Germany) birthdates:

Rosa Dassler: September 27, 1873
Ida Dassler: 1878
Max Otto Dassler: February 4, 1883 (my mother's father)
Minna Lina Dassler: December 23, 1885
Martha Dassler: June of 1887

Henry Dassler's obituary references a sister who resided in Germany: Alvina Narr.

Discovered documents reference Germany, Prussia, Saxony. One citation suggests that Ida Dassler was born in "Milt..., Saxony." We assume that "Milt..." is an abbreviation, but we don't know what for. We also have 2 second-hand accounts of our family coming from Plauen. But correspondence with officials in Plauen, Germany has not confirmed that they were there. Recently I discovered that there is also a Plauen, Dresden, Germany. I have not been able to follow up with this second Plauen location.

If any one recognizes any of these names, or can point me in the right direction for researching information in Germany...I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much,

Jennifer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jbsolano 7 Sep 2013 5:30AM GMT 
Gordon Seyffe... 7 Sep 2013 3:48PM GMT 
jbsolano 7 Sep 2013 4:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions