Search for content in message boards

Jannsen/Bahnsen help

Replies: 30

Re: BAHNSEN/JANSEN/HANSEN/ALBERTSON/ALBERTSEN

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jun 2012 12:15AM GMT
Surnames: Hansen, Seemann, Seeman
I just noticed that I have a Peter H. Hansen located in my tree as well. According to my tree, he was born in Ulsness, Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark, which later became a part of Germany. His wife was Maria Hansen who came from Brodersby, which is where my Seemann/Seeman ancestors hailed from, so your Christian may have been related to either of them. I did a wwww.findagrave.com search for Christian Hansen and didn't find anything with the dates you specified, so I tried Chris Hansen because a lot of our ancestors Americanized their names. I found a Chris Hansen buried in Richland Memorial Cemetery, Herndon, Guthrie County, Iowa. I live in Dallas County and this cemetery is located about 12 1/2 miles from me. There is also a picture of it on find a grave. It lists him as being born in 1851 and dying in 1927 and having a wife Edith on the same stone. It doesn't mention her maiden name. There are also stones for a Lucille and Vern Hansen in the same cemetery. There is no death date on Lucille's, but I don't know when the pictures were taken. I assume that these were the children of Christian as they are the only other Hansens listed in the cemetery and Herndon barely qualifies as a town, but it looks like there are quite a few burials, so it must have been a coal mining town or something at one time. I don't know if any of this will help you, but I too have the feeling of wanting to go to Germany and find out information about my ancestors and my cousins that live there now.

I don't have any information on the parents of either Peter or Maria, but it does say in the Woodward, IA Centennial book that they emigrated from Brodersby.

I hope some of this helps, and good luck on your search.

Melissa

P.S. Jamaica is close to Herndon, what is the name of the scrapbook? I was planning on taking cemetery photos tomorrow in Boone county, but if it is too hot, I might go west instead and see if I can find anything about the Hansens I'm researching that would link us together.

I found an immigration record for Christian Hansen. Here's the link http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
WHANSEN 5 Jun 2012 2:23AM GMT 
dedliv 5 Jun 2012 4:10AM GMT 
WHANSEN 5 Jun 2012 7:10PM GMT 
dedliv 6 Jun 2012 2:37AM GMT 
WHANSEN 6 Jun 2012 7:56PM GMT 
dedliv 7 Jun 2012 4:39AM GMT 
Mor74 8 Jun 2012 9:10AM GMT 
dedliv 25 Nov 2012 6:52AM GMT 
Mor74 8 Jun 2012 9:19AM GMT 
BPope8251 31 May 2012 12:44PM GMT 
per page