Search for content in message boards

Jessen Family of Schleswig-Holstein & Wisconsin, USA

Replies: 3

Jessen Family of Schleswig-Holstein & Wisconsin, USA

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 10:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jessen & Hansen
I am seeking information on Jessen siblings_Peter Henry b. 1858, Julius Ernest b. 1860, Johann or John P. b. 1865 and Margaretha aka Gretchen Jessen b. 1862. So far as I know all were born in the Boklund, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany area. Parents were Jacob C. Jessen and Doreathea or Dorothea Hansen. I have a photo of Dorothea taken in Flensburg and one of Gretchen taken in Hamburg. The three brothers emigrated from Germany sailing from Hamburg to the US in 1883 to 1885. By 1886/1887 they began showing up in Milwaukee, Wiscconsin city directories. Peter remained in Milwaukee becoming a confectioner/caterer. John P. was a saddlery & leather man most of his life in Wisconsin, Chicago & Saginaw, Michigan. Julius, my great grandfather lived in Milwaukee, Fond Du Lac, Indiana, Iowa and died in Texas. Margaretha (Gretchen) ran a restaurant for a few years in Milwaukee but I don't know much about her at all.

Nor do I know anything about the parents of these siblings other than their names. Anyone else connected to this family that is willing to share? Or can someone provide me information about their German roots and the family they left behind?
Thank you! Reid Cooper
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wrx4me 1 Aug 2010 4:23PM GMT 
rebholzgary 24 Dec 2012 12:58PM GMT 
wrx4me 26 Dec 2012 9:45PM GMT 
rebholzgary 29 Dec 2012 6:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions