Search for content in message boards

Karen Gerbert Hessen Becker

Replies: 5

Re: Karen Gerbert Hessen Becker

Posted: 25 Mar 2014 1:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Evelyn....

Thank you for replying!!!! I will attempt to explain the situation to you.

Karen was born on October 16,1916, in Malenta. Her father (my father) and her mother were not married....she was the result of a one night stand, so to speak. My father took responsibility for her financially. However, they had little contact. (Karen later became close to my father's sister who lived in Hamburg.)
Karen was sent to live with her mother's brother at the family home town of Brunsbuttel. As far as I can determine, the uncle raised her.
Karen married Hessen (first name unknown) and had three children in the late 1930's to early 1940's. One of them was probably a girl and may have the first name Barbara (Barbel). (The basis for this is that after the war my mother sent packages containing girl's clothing to my Aunt in Hamburg. Mother also sent packages directly to Karen.) In the mean time, Karen's husband, who was in the German army, was killed during the war.

Subsequently, Karen married a Becker. I believe they ultimately divorced. In the mean time her children also went to live with Karen's uncle in Brunsbuttel. Karen also at a later date returned to the town.

My half-sister, who is 17 years older than me, met Karen in the late 1940's at our Aunt's apartment. Due to her busy life on return to the States, she failed to maintain contact.

I did not find out about Karen until 1967. Being young, newly graduated from university and dealing with my mother's sudden death, I failed to pursue finding Karen. There was absolutely no raising of the subject with my father.

Yes, I have three photos of Karen, probably taken in the early 1940's. There is no doubt that she is my half-sister. I also have some correspondence.

I am interested in knowing why you replied to my posting??? Curiosity, or do you have information???? Please keep in mind that I am a retired attorney, and know the scams. Sorry, I am not accusing you of anything. I am just trying to be safe.

I look forward to your reply.....

Heidi Crissey

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
heidi crissey 10 Mar 2014 10:02PM GMT 
valeria1950 24 Mar 2014 1:15PM GMT 
heidi crissey 25 Mar 2014 7:38PM GMT 
valeria1950 26 Mar 2014 4:24PM GMT 
valeria1950 27 Mar 2014 9:24AM GMT 
valeria1950 29 Mar 2014 5:21PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions