Search for content in message boards

Volkershausen, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach

Replies: 8

Volkershausen, Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Speyer
I am researching my SPEYER family of Volkerhausen or Voelkerhausen, Sachsen, Germany. This village was near Vacha. My SPEYER family came to America beginning in the early 1850's. Before living Volkerhausen, this family lived in Guxhagen, Hessen-Kassel. When this family came to America, they lived briefly in the New York and New Jersey areas before heading on to Ohio and Kentucky where they fought in the Civil War. Some later settled in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and those areas. A branch may have made their way down to Texas after the Civil War. On census reports, these family members are sometimes listed as being born in England! The Saxons...Saxony?!? If anyone knows how to "do" ancestry research in Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, now Thuringia, I would love to hear from you. I know that for my Heinz family of Ingelfingen, Baden-Weurtemberg, Germany, I can contact the archives in Speyer, Germany for research. Since my SPEYER family lived in what was once East Germany, I'm not sure if Speyer, Germany is the archives for that area. Thank you so much for your help! Fredreica Speyer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
FSpeyer 13 Oct 2002 6:29PM GMT 
Inga 15 Oct 2002 8:31PM GMT 
FSpeyer 15 Oct 2002 10:41PM GMT 
Weber_242 3 Nov 2002 8:30PM GMT 
bob limburg 8 Nov 2002 1:14PM GMT 
Wolfgang G. Fischer 20 Nov 2002 12:34PM GMT 
Matt Steinhauer 3 Jan 2003 8:51PM GMT 
J.Maret 22 Feb 2003 11:37PM GMT 
thegoldsmiths 27 Aug 2013 1:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions