Search for content in message boards

Need Help Reading town name on Church index

Replies: 5

Re: Need Help Reading town name on Church index

Posted: 14 Jun 2013 9:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2014 8:56AM GMT
UPDATE: I did finally find this family by searching through every parish in the area. I was surprised to actually find them with this random searching but it paid off. Jan Wolf and his wife Frantiska Czapek had twelve children - the first two were in Jilovice (that was known) but then ten more in the parish Novosedly nad Nežárkou.
Also, that is a different Wolf family in the census (seigniorial records). That's why they do not have a son named Jan.

original message:

Thank you so much! I didn't know about those. It's fantastic.
Now I have a few questions if you have answers please let me know.
First- my Jan was not living with that family. Not in earlier records either when he was a small child. Does that mean I likely have the wrong family? Could he have been Ignatz? (Ignatz=Jan?). Did I read the marriage record incorrectly ( from marriage I posted- father is Waclav wolf from Protiwin, right)? (Another Vaclav Wolf from Protiwin! Mine was living in Novosedly nad Nezarkou at the time but in Protiwin later)

Second- if a family lives in a small non-parish town are they in those seigiorial records? I'm referring to another of my families I couldn't find in the Seigniorial register but I know they were in a certain parish because they had ten children born there. I looked in a few of those records and they aren't listed in the related parish town. Should I look through the entire record to find them or are they not there? (The town is Zahori in the Parish Zimutice not to be confused with the other larger town of Zahori). I have many families in this town over many years and would love to find them in these records and find potential children I missed, etc. So any direction or if there is a good website to describe practical use of these records please direct me.

Last question is can anyone please read the entry for Jozefa born Wolf (last entry for baptism of Frantisek; column for the mother)? It lists her father and a location but Trebon is all I can read.
Thank you so very much!
(attached from Zimutice book 4 1818-1849 image 296 page 625)
http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz/DA?unset_f=1&lang=en&men...=
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
hanson26192 13 Jun 2013 7:30PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 13 Jun 2013 8:37PM GMT 
hanson26192 14 Jun 2013 3:05PM GMT 
aksamitnik01 14 Jun 2013 8:06PM GMT 
kholena 14 Jun 2013 3:12PM GMT 
hanson26192 14 Jun 2013 3:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic