Replies: 0

Blazek and Brom from Trhovy Sviny

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2013 1:12PM GMT
Surnames: Blazek, Brom
Looking for any information for the following:

Ignac Blazek and Rosa Brom Blazek
Married in Bohemia, migrated from the village Trhovy Sviny in about 1902.

They had two children while still in Bohemia. Both Ignatius, who went by the name Jay, and Louis P., were born in Trhovy Sviny. They had three daughters, Christina, Bethana and Rosa or Rose, who were born after they immigrated.

They went through Canada first then ended up in North Dakota.

If anyone has an information about any Blazeks or Broms from Trhovy Sviny, I would like to visit. They are pretty well documented after coming to America, but I do not have an international membership, so I cannot trace them any further.

I have a cousin who is American but who happens to be living in Czech Republic at this time. He is interested in doing research from there. If there is anything in particular he needs to be looking for, some advice on that would be appreciated as well.

Also, a side note: does anyone know anything about the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Trhovy Sviny? This is a very old church but I am trying to determine how things shook out for this church since the Roman Catholic and Byzantine Orthodox Churches parted ways. In other words, what "kind" of church is this now? Byzantine Catholic? Roman Catholic? Eastern Orthodox?

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic