Search for content in message boards

SEARCHING ANDREASBERG

Replies: 6

Re: SEARCHING ANDREASBERG

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hammerschmidt, Sigmund, Nahlinger, Breitschopf
Stumbled upon this while looking for something else; years have passed, you you may not even be registered any more. I had relatives from that area, but the surnames were mostly German ones: Breitschopf, Sigmund, Nahlinger. One named Dahl also went by a Czech form, Tahedl. "-ova" is a feminine suffix, and generally reflects a daughter or wife of the person with the root name (my friend Werner Ehrgang, for example, is married to Elena Ehrgangova). Breitschopf was from Hoeritz; Nahlinger was from Christianberg, Sigmund was from Andreasberg.

I visited the area in 1986. Andreasberg was closed to foreigners, because it was now within a military reservation (too bad; it's the village for which I had photos of the farm, and might have been able to make a positive ID). Hoeritz was still a small-but-busy market town, but there were few German-surnamed people left (they had to declare German or declare Czech after the war, and the Germans were invited to leave). The German part of the cemetery was overgrown, and I couldn't find any family graves in the short time I had available. Christianberg was a tiny remnant, largely being redeveloped for week-end cottages for wealthy folks in larger cities.

Wish I could say more. A lot of the genealogic records are at an archive in Trebon, and transcriptions of many documents may be ordered.

D. Hammerschmidt, Minneapolis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
terryruesch 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
hamme001 24 Dec 2012 7:50PM GMT 
terryruesch 25 Dec 2012 6:30AM GMT 
aksamitnik01 25 Dec 2012 7:21AM GMT 
billj67 21 Feb 2013 2:46AM GMT 
terryruesch 21 Feb 2013 3:21PM GMT 
billj67 22 Feb 2013 1:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions