Search for content in message boards

reply to Stadler; Spitzenburger; Singer - Looking for Info. by Lexi Jones

Replies: 1

reply to Stadler; Spitzenburger; Singer - Looking for Info. by Lexi Jones

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 10:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Singer, Hofstatter
Hi, I read the replies to your posts and I even replied to a few of them. I went to that Stadler Ancestry site...its a Huge amount of info. I'm not done looking at it...but I figured in the mean time I'd post my info and see if our paths cross :o)

I started my search with my Great Grandmother Pauline Singer (Wiese, Thompson). She was born to John (Johann) and Frances (Fransiska, maiden name is Hofstatter) Singer, they came over from Wien, Austria in 1910, a year after John's brothers (Albert, Anton and Rudolf). John and Francis had their son Frank with them, from what I can tell he was between 2 and 4 depending on what document you are reading. Their ships manifest shows, John was from Hoschlowitz, Bohemia/Czechoslovakia/Austria. Francis was from Grove Hrubowitz, Mahren/Austria and Frank was born in Wien, Austria. When they arrived in the US they went to St. Paul, Minnesota, the first record I show is their 1910 Census it shows they live in a house with John's brothers (Albert and Rudolf) and a boarder. Another record shows Anton lives in a boarding house elsewhere. While in St. Paul, two of their daughters were born (Francis, aka Minnie or Mina and my Great Grandma Pauline). By the 1920 Census John and Rudolf's famlies were living in Council Bluffs, Iowa and there were several more additions to John's family (depending on what record you are looking at - Elmer, Alvine, Albein, Alma, Helen and Irene...I think the alvine through Alma are variations of Elmer and Alma?) John and Francis from what I can tell had 7 children (by the 1930 census Alma is not listed anymore and I couldn't find any record of what happened to her). I found several phone directories that show what they did for a living as well as their addresses, seems all the menfolk really liked working for the railroads. The last record I have is the 1930 Census for Frank, his wife and daughter.

I would absolutely love to know what all these people did in their lives, what were their hobbies, what kind of people were they, did they go to Church every Sunday, what customs did they have, did they pass any of their history from Czech Rep. or Austria on to any of their children or grandchildren or great grandchildren...I have many many more :o) most of all I'd really like to know where the village/towns are that they came from. I'd like to walk the area and see what they saw.

Sorry I get carried away when I think about them :o)

Thanks in advance for any light you might be able to shed on the Singer/Hofstatter/Spritrenyer or Spitzenberger/Schwartz Family.

Angel, raventhicket@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bohemianbunny 25 Apr 2010 4:00PM GMT 
deniceju 10 Feb 2013 7:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions