Search for content in message boards

Family of John Joseph Swoboda July 13, 1819

Replies: 5

Re: Family of John Joseph Swoboda July 13, 1819

Posted: 17 May 2012 10:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swoboda
You probably have an answer to your question already, but I think I have some info that will help in case you don't.
According to research I have conducted via Ancestry.com and a few other sources, I know that John Joseph Swoboda came through the German port of Bremen to New York in approximately 1857.
There are many variations of the name: Swododa; Svoboda; Swobaday; and Swobody which have been used in this country. John Joseph came from Moravia and used the spelling Swoboda to my knowledge. It is how it is listed on his gravestone.

My grandmother, Minnie (Oliva Philaminnie)Swoboda Stevens was John Joseph's granddaughter by his son Charles Leopold Swoboda. Many members of this family lived in or near Franklin Co, MO. Minnie moved to St. Joseph, MO before 1915 and remained their until her death in 1967. I do not know anything yet about a brother who may have traveled with him. I do know that several of his children were born in Austria including Charles. I believe there were a couple children by his second wife, Anna Nauser who were born in America.
I hope this is helpful. I am really just starting to put the pieces together myself. How are you connected to the Swoboda family?
Hope you are still with Ancestry.com and receive this! I would sure be interested in communicating more with you about this.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kittysa 14 Jan 2002 2:03AM GMT 
Beth Sanders 18 May 2012 4:22AM GMT 
DeannaBaker10 6 Jan 2013 3:19AM GMT 
labald 6 Jan 2013 1:12PM GMT 
Beth Sanders 6 Feb 2013 7:03PM GMT 
Beth Sanders 6 Feb 2013 6:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions