Search for content in message boards

Family of John Joseph Swoboda July 13, 1819

Replies: 5

Re: Family of John Joseph Swoboda July 13, 1819

Posted: 6 Feb 2013 11:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swoboda
My grandparents, John H. (Hank) Stevens and Minnie Swoboda Stevens are both buried at Memorial Gardens Cemetery in St. Joseph, MO.
I am interested in any further information you have regarding the family. I do remember my mother (Doris June Stevens) mentioning her cousin Karleene. I may have met her when I was young as we visited St. Joe every summer. I know Aunt Alice passed away pretty early and I do not recall meeting her.

I am very close to an elder cousin, Clifford Dilla (Aunt Clare's grandson). He is 80 now and still lives in St. Joe.

I know there is some connection to Aaron Burr as I remember a funny story Mamaw (Minnie) used to tell about our Aunt May (another sister) wishing to be related to him. I still have been unable to track anything further back than Mary.

Thanks for contacting me! Where do you live? I am in NJ now, but grew up in the Philadelphia, PA area. I would imagine Karleene remembers my mother, Doris. She passed away in 2007 after a courageous battle with Pancreatic Cancer. She would have been 89 this past December.

Looking forward to hearing from you again, Deanna!
Beth Sanders
sanderbay@verizon.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kittysa 14 Jan 2002 2:03AM GMT 
Beth Sanders 18 May 2012 4:22AM GMT 
DeannaBaker10 6 Jan 2013 3:19AM GMT 
labald 6 Jan 2013 1:12PM GMT 
Beth Sanders 6 Feb 2013 7:03PM GMT 
Beth Sanders 6 Feb 2013 6:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions