Search for content in message boards

Dvoracsek/Dworatschek in Mahren Around 1766

Replies: 11

Re: Dvoracsek/Dworatschek in Mahren Around 1766

Posted: 7 Nov 2013 11:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
By Austria, I assume you mean the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. After WWI, Kernei was located in Yugoslavia, now Serbia.

There is a web site established that provides information about Kernei before the explusion. See http://www.hog-kernei.de/. It includes recipes, a street map for Kernei, photos of the church where our families were baptized and married, and other information. If you don't speak or read German, it may be a little difficult to navigate. However, if you use Google translate, you can roughly understand it.

I could scan the English pages of the Familienbuch that provides a history of the town and sketches, but there doesn't seem to be a way to upload them onto this web site. I could also do the same for the ancestors of Mathias Dworatschek and Maria Kindler. Unfortunately, I know nothing about them other than what is in the book --- birth, marriage, and death dates.

Mathias and Maria Dworatschek had 6 other children besides Heinrich, Anna, and Jakob. All but one (Katharina, b. June 25, 1865), died as children. Katharina married Matthias Halter. She died in Kernei on Nov. 15, 1898, leaving behind 6 children. Matthias remarried and had two more children.

My great grandfather Heinrich was a butcher. He may have also grown grapes. I think that a lot of people in Kernei may have made their own wine, but I can't say for sure.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jrill82 7 Nov 2013 6:31PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Nov 2013 8:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions