Search for content in message boards

Ulricka & August WIlde from Koblentz?/"Coplin by Giltso" Prussia

Replies: 2

Ulricka & August WIlde from Koblentz?/"Coplin by Giltso" Prussia

Posted: 17 Jan 2004 11:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
I posted a new message on this Prussia-Pomerania Board this morning & I do not see it yet. It was on Ulricka Wilde who emigrated from Stettin/Pommerania/Prussia on April 9, 1854,(That is the date she left Germany.) She was 18 (DOB July 4, 1836) and brought her younger brother, August, age 14, so he wouldn't have to go in Kaiser's army. (Oiriginally, I had heard there were two brothers with her.) On July 4, 1859, Ulricka Fredricka Charlotta Wilde married John Henry Hayes in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They later moved to Kirkwood, MO (German speaking sec. of St. Louis, MO). (Our family Bible lists her as having been born in Coplin by Giltso July 4, 1836--we think this is probably Koblen(tz) only 8-9 miles from Stettin, Pommerania, Prussia, which according to family history files was the place of birth--but more likely the place where she was christened or where her baptismal records kept. Her parents owned a dairy farm in "Coplin/Koblentz". add'l. info is in posting of this a.m., if it is posted on the correct board. 1. Need to find church in which she was baptized 2. Location of August Wilde & his family and descendants. August probably was in and around Milwuakee for a while, or even permanently.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bcolin77 17 Jan 2004 6:59PM GMT 
Jörg Schrick 10 Feb 2004 10:32AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 11 Dec 2012 3:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic