Search for content in message boards

PAWLIKOWSKI / KOZICKI FAMILIES

Replies: 1

PAWLIKOWSKI / KOZICKI FAMILIES

Posted: 17 Apr 2012 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pawlikowski, Kozicki, Barchacki, Zembrzuski, Slubowski, Bukowski
Looking for anyone who might be of any help...

My great-great-grandparents were Jan Pawlikowski and Antonina Kozicka. They were married in c. 1905 in the Kryznologa Mala parish (not sure if that is spelt right). I know for sure that Antonina is from the town of Paczuski, Mazowieckie, Poland.

Jan Pawlikowski was the son of LEON PAWLIKOWSKI and KONSTANTYNA BARCHACKA. Jan was born in about 1878 and died on November 20, 1947. Jan had at least two brothers, Aleksander Pawlikowski who married Bronislawa Kwiatkowska, they remained in Poland and Anton Pawlikowski who emigrated to the US and married Wanda Perdion. There was also a sister Jozafa Pawlikowska who married Frank Gelaschky, they also had emigrated.

Antonina Kozicka was the daughter of TOMASZ KOZICKI and FRANCISZKA ZEMBRZUSKA. She was born in c. 1882 and died c. 1918. Antonina had at least two brothers, Aleksander Kozicki was born in 1891, and Jan Kozicki who was born in 1898. A sister Leokadja Kozicka was born in 1888. Those three sibings emigrated to the U.S. There was another sister in Poland I am aware of but do not know her name.

Jan and Antonina emigrated to the U.S. (Newark, NJ) in 1906. They had four children born there, Marja, Helena, Stanislaw, and Jadwiga (my great-grandma). By 1914 they had left the U.S. and returned to Poland. Another daughter Regina was born in Poland. Helena, Stanley, and Jadwiga left Poland and went back to the U.S. Marja & Regina stayed in Poland. Marja was married twice, first to a man named Slubowski with whom she had at least one son, Ryszard Slubowski (who I am indirectly named after). Marja then married to a man named Zembrzuski. Ryszard married a lady named Krysztyna and they had two sons Andrzej and Bogdan Slubowski. Regina married a man named Bukowski and they had four daughters. I know Regina was last known to be living in Olsztyn but has since passed away.

Anyone who may be able to help or connect with this family I would love to hear from them. I am looking to find records from Poland to further my research but I have no idea where to start or even to look. Is there somewhere I could send away to? Any help is appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
CatskillKing3... 18 Apr 2012 12:28AM GMT 
penelopecarte... 5 Dec 2012 6:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic