Search for content in message boards

Pilch family

Replies: 8

Pilch family

John Pilch (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Pilch, Potoczny/Potoczna, Kielar
My family is from Zagorze Podkarpackie, near Manasterz, and that is not far from Przeworsk, in the county and diocese of Przymysl. A visit to the cemetery in Manasterz in 1999 or 2000 resulted in my finding the tombstone of my grandfather's sister, Wiktoria Pilch Potoczna.

I had difficulty finding any related Pilch's in the village. This past December, 2003, I decided to try tracking down his sister's family and had success. The youngest of her six children, Stasiu Potoczny, joined the Franciscan Order (took the name of Serafin) and died and was buried in Przeworsk. I went to the Friary there and found a priest who knew him personally. He also had an address book in which my cousin's mother's name appeared three time with the same address in Rzeszow. I visited my cousin's grave.

So if you have among your immediate ancestors any one who was a member of a religious community, you might try searching there. It has paid off for me after five years of on-the-spot searching as well as letters to the government agencies whose response is usually that all records prerished in the war.

My cousin's (Serafin Stasiu Potoczny OFM) sister married a man named Kielar, who was in the fire department in Rzeszow. The old priest in the Friary also gave me the name of the pastor of the parish in which Mrs. Kielar and her family lived. I don't know whether she is still alive, nor whether her children still live in the area.

Sometimes relatives don't want to be found, and that is fine with me. But at least I know for certain that I still have relatives in Poland.

Good luck!

John Pilch
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Pilch 13 Feb 2004 12:54AM GMT 
tcycak 23 Oct 2007 4:11PM GMT 
ZBeca 27 Oct 2007 12:45AM GMT 
pilchj 27 Oct 2007 5:12AM GMT 
MaryAnnGast11... 6 Apr 2008 11:45PM GMT 
ZlaticaBeca 7 Apr 2008 12:03AM GMT 
pilchj 7 Apr 2008 12:06AM GMT 
gcchildren 5 Feb 2013 2:43AM GMT 
MaryAnnGast11... 7 Feb 2013 6:31PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions